Saturday 3 September 2011

Things go missing

Amazing how the best plans and organisation can still yield so many problems....

Moving Week..My main memory of that week of moving is of me calling out "Has anyone seen....?"Amazing! In my oh so organised way, I'd pick up something essential, such as keys or cutlery, put them somewhere safely, and then they would just disappear! At least we were able to find most of the essentials in the next couple of days after our move, however the cutlery was missing for a while...nothing wrong with fingers - we found they worked fine! Eventually the cutlery surfaced. I had put it, wrapped in a pillow case, safely into the wok - just couldn't remember where I'd safely put it. Of course when I found it I remembered that was where I'd put it!

The best thing I lost were the keys! I am talking a huge key ring containing 12 keys and a remote control for the garage. Yep! I took them off the hall stand and put them somewhere safe so they wouldn't be lost in the move! For the next 10 days I searched high and low. Asked everyone to look. Phoned everyone in Grafton for ideas. Lost sleep. Had friends from work praying to St Jude (hope for the hopeless), St Anthony (he finds things) and one particular woman who insisted on bypassing all the saints and going straight to the top! All to no avail. Remember, these keys are to a rental property and we have to hand them back! Eventually, two days before D-day, I went and lamented my story to the estate agent, (played the cancer "chemo wrecks brain" card) who very kindly gave me their keys so I could go and get them copied so I would have something to give her on handover day! All went according to plan. I handed her the copied keys (and the originals) on the appointed day. Now I could sleep again, as I was sure the lost keys would resurface now I'd paid for a new set!

Next day the real estate agent called to say "Found your keys"! Yep! They were exactly where I'd safely put them. On the ledge in the built in wardrobe in the bedroom! Now why didn't I think of that??


No comments:

Post a Comment